SC - hollandaise, aioli, almedroch

Sun Feb 15 11:18:12 PST 1998

To quote The New Professional Chef, which puts it more succinctly than I, an
emulsion is:

"A mixture of two or more liquids, one of which is a fat or oil and the
other of which is water-based, so that tiny globules of one are suspended in
the other.  This may involve the use of stabilizers, such as egg or mustard.
Emulsions may be temporary, permanent, or semi-permanent."

Bear