SC - IMPORTANT WARNING

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 16 09:38:21 PST 1998

Please do not post "Virus Warnings" on this list. Although it may appear that
there are legitimate warnings within a message there are far too many false
warnings. Included withing the text of this message were at least two well known
false alarms. If there were actual viruses infecting AOL I'm sure that AOL
would send out the warnings through the proper channels.

I understand your concern, and appreciate the thought but please do not send
these messages to the Cooks list. There is a theory, and I believe it, that virus
messages have now become viruses themselves by the way they propogate throughout
the Web.

Please know that I'm not picking on Phililippa, but I'm letting all the subscribers
know that these messages should not be posted.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsher than is intended.

Yours,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator