SC - On-Line book of recipies

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Feb 16 07:18:19 PST 1998

Lady Fiona Gwen O'Brannigan asked:

        I have been struggling to read all the mail of the list, but when I
do get a chance to read through all my mail, I am quite amazed at the number
of recipies and factual information. I am quite certain that there would be
a number of individuals who would find this collected information valuable.
Is there an existing database of recipies from this list-or others? Is there
a place where factual informaton surrounding cooking in a period manner are
stored?  If not, I would propose to create it.

- ----------
This is one of the purposes behind my Florilegium files. Have you not heard
of or taken a look at the files I have there?

Many of the files there have recipes in them. Many (most?) of the period
recipes (and some of the out-of-period ones) that have been posted to this
mail list can be found in these files. I also have tried to collect the
useful bits and referances about medieval food and cooking.

While much of the material in the FOOD and the FEASTS sections came from
this list, there is also a fair amount from other sources including
some articles that have been sent to me directly by their authors.

Take a look at my files which can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

While I have occasionally (ok, ok, often) posted to this list a few
files that I feel might answer particular questions, I have never posted
the entire list of files in the FOOD or FEAST sections. I will however,
post the list if people would like that. It is a little over two pages.

Fiona, if you do not like the way I am doing my files or you think I
am missing an area of interest, please feel free to send me email.
You can, of course, create your own set of files but it can be a lot
of work, even when others do the hard work of writing the articles
and messages.

Lord Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
Ansteorra