SC - Re: Puck bashing rant

R.A. Kappler II kappler at edgenet.net
Wed Feb 18 17:38:44 PST 1998

M'lords and ladies, thank you for the kind responses (well, most of them
;-), though that is not what I sought, I am indeed grateful.  Mostly I was
just trying to ensure that we don't scare away any newbier than Puck newbies
by insinuating that ANY of us would ever seriously flame anyone for a less
than well thought out action or post.  After all, we do have some rather
rambunctious members (m'lord Ras? Master Adamantius?), and I'd hate for
anyone to think we are not, here at cooks, a generally friendly and tolerant
lot.  Before I close, I must admit that one gentle (forget which one) made
statements and generalizations regarding Pucks which were most flattering,
for which I thank you, whoever you were.  There is one point I feel I must
clarify though.  It was brought up that sometimes we Pucks converse amongst
ourselves in a manner not easily discernible to the average human, and
without breaking the Pucks code of secrecy, can only say; would you want
someone who runs around yelling Yaba Dabba Do! all the time to understand
all of your secret communications?  It should be intuitively obvious to the
most casual observer that such a thing could be disasterous, hence our
secret code ;-)

running and ducking, Puck