SC - Recipes vs. Copyrights

Par Leijonhuvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Thu Feb 19 00:52:55 PST 1998

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Korrin S DaArdain wrote:

> 	Does anyone on this list have ANY objections to me starting my
> own collection of recipes that have been posted to this list or the WWW?
> I would like to distribute them to the populous of the SCA at events. And
> having checked at the local copy center I can see already that I would
> have to charge something to cover cost of copy making at least.

To the small extent I have contributed to this list: fine with me for my
work.

But (wet blanket time)...

The readership of the list changes continually, not to mention that it
is almost certain that all WWW-page authors are not members of the list.
I therefore would suggest that you collect the recipies you are
interested in, and, for the ones you feel you want to include in such a
publication, send the author a request for permission. I would expect
that most authors would happilly give you permission, and you would thus
sidestep all potential legal problems (possibly aside from the issue of
to what extent an email is legally binding).

/UlfR
"I am not a lawyer, not do I play one on TV"

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
PGP fingerprint = 76 3B 11 28 79 39 87 C0  DC 4C 1F 4C C0 1F 1E 89
Cogito, ergo erras.