SC - Purposes of this list

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 19 12:11:28 PST 1998

> I was only asking for my own information as I am new to this list.  If
> you want to flame someone, flame those who have wasted 2 full days of
> messages over the copyright fight.  I am not familiar with the boundries
> of the mailing list and was trying to get a feel for them, nothing more.

> Brenna

No dear, I wasn't addressing my "fiery" commentary towards yourself but to
others who should know better. I also do hope you didn't consider my "fatherly
chiding" (you'll have to ask people on the list about that comment) as flaming
you, it was not meant to be. But it does seem that people lose track of logic
when discussing issues. My commentary was only a reminder that we are all
intelligent people and they should think things through before just firing off
a response.

As to the copyright discussion. This is a discussion about what could have the
potential of a lawsuit being brought against a cookery researcher or even just
a well-intentioned gentle desiring to share the knowledge gained from the Web.
In this aspect I considered the discussion appropriate. There was some
misunderstandings bordering on rudeness upon a couple of occassions but they
halted before I was forced to step in. Once a topic starts repeating itself or
becomes too deep for the majority of subscribers I may request it be moved either
to a more appropriate list or to private discussion. The copyright discussion
has begun to repeat itself but it also appears to be tapering off.

If you feel the copyright fight was not to your liking, I'm sorry but this list
offers a wide range of discussions and there are many that are far less noteworthy
than this.

Please feel free to separate the wheat from the chaff to your tastes.

If you have felt attacked or offended, please accept my apologies and the assurance
that it was not intentional.

Yours,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator