SC - Cheesecakes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Feb 19 23:06:22 PST 1998

Rakhel Petrovna asked:

I have been asked by a friend to ask the combined intellects of this group
(including any who are hiding behind rocks :-) if they know of a period
recipe for cheesecake.  The one which my friend made had no base made of
biscuit crumbs - it was simply *all* cheesecake.  I think it had almond
meal and honey in it, but I'd be very grateful to hear of any other
cheesecake recipes.

==========
There was an article in Tournaments Illuminated, around issue 96 or
so that covered cheesecake including several recipes.

You might also take a look at this file in the FOOD section of
my Florilegium:

cheesecake-msg    (17K) 10/27/97    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.

My files are at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I have made one of these with good results and tasted others from
the TI article that were good. Don’t expect something like modern
“cheesecake” though.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net