SC - Risotto?

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Feb 24 06:31:41 PST 1998

Hello, all. I am wondering if anyone has come across a period recipe for
Risotto or a Risotto-like dish. It occured to me this would be great event
food, espescially since it's cheap, and leftovers can be made into Rice
Cakes for frying in the morning (yum!). Risotto with fresh herbs smells so
fragrant cooking as the stock is ladled in slowly and stirred, stirred,
stirred, that it draws crowds to the kitchen area. I try to keep the food
relatively period when I go to camping events and am just cooking for family
and friends. I really enjoy making Risotto. It's a sensual experience!

There does not seem to be anything resembling Risotto in my English/French
collection, but that does not surprise me very much. Does anyone have a
Southern European source with something like this in it? I suppose the
ingredients would be part of the clue: Rice, olive oil or butter, stock,
herbs or spices, a little cheese added at the end. Or perhaps this is
another no  brainer that wouldn't have been written down?

Aoife---Curiosity almost killing her----and snowed in with a foot of fluffy
white stuff, to boot! No work today, and all my sources are at work for
display (it's a library!)