SC - horehound

Robyn.Hodgkin at mailhost.dpie.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at mailhost.dpie.gov.au
Wed Feb 25 18:45:46 PST 1998

I once made a horehound cough medicine.  It worked really well; basically
horehound, honey and water.

It worked on coughs and colds a treat, with the major problem being
that it tasted like REALLY nasty cough medicine.

I gave up on horehound; make coltsfoot, elecampagne and nettle
tea instead.

Kiriel

 ----------
From: MdePeyriac at aol.com

Greetings!
      My lord at one time had a recipe for a horehound drink with honey (I
have no idea what else was in it).  It turned out very strong, really too
strong to drink, but it was a dynamite tonic for coughs.  I loved it in hot
tea.  Well, we've used it up and now can't find the recipe to do it again.
Does anyone have any recipes for horehound drinks or any suggestions on
where
to look for them?  Many thanks!

                                           Melusine