SC - Da whole onion soup deal, including porrey chapeleyn

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 3 22:23:53 PST 1998

Ldy Diana asks:

     (Grin) Oh, I'm sure we can come up with *something*........... ;-) ;-)
;-) For what it's worth, *my* big passion is chocolate--at least licorice is
period! Now a question for the list--what about ice cream? I'm fairly sure
I've heard that the Romans made ices, but I don't have anything indicating
that the frozen custard concept existed. Anyone know for sure?

I’m not sure of the answers to your questions, but one book that might
have the answers is:

Harvest of the Cold Months, the Social History of Ice and Ices by Elizabeth
David. 1994. ISBN 0-670-85975-4. Viking Penguin

I just recently picked this book up on sale at I think Barnes and Nobles
but I haven’t had time to more than scan through it.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net