SC - Fw: [Mid] From TRM concerning Prince Jafar

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Sat Jan 3 19:58:35 PST 1998

I do the same with onions except I cut a cone into the root end as well as
slice off the top, and pack the cone with spices complimentary to the rest
of my food and pack with butter. Try that as a variation- the spices
permeate the onion flesh- most tasty.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

: Along with it he served roasted onions: Cover whole onions
: (slice off only the top. leave on the brown skin layers) with foil and
place
: in the coals until soft. To serve, open the foil, carefully (hot!) squeze
: the brown skin and the onion will pop right out onto your plate. Serve
with
: butter or salt and pepper, or plain if desired. Amazingly simply and
: incredibly good. For some reason it doesn't work in the oven at home quite
: as well.
:
: Hope you enjoy it! It all tastes far more complicated than the recipe
would
: indicate!
:
: Aoife