SC - Food/Wine affinities-OOP

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 17:35:22 PST 1998

<< Ignoring the rest of Lord Ras' rude and obnoxious post, and resisting the
 temptation to respond in a similar vein, I will simply say this:

      What *is* a game hen?

      Chicken.

 Alasdair mac Iain

Actually, I felt my post was a forthright and serious inquiry. Sorry you felt
it rude and obnoxious. As to the observation that a game hen is "chicken", I
suppose technically it is but it is a completely different variety of chicken
from say White Leghorns and Rhode Island Reds or, for that matter, Bantams.
Each having it's own distinctive taste and , at least to my palette, not to be
compared to each other.

In reality, the post which abruptly consigned game hens to the same category
as chicken was , IMO, not the epitomy of politeness as a responce to a serious
query as to whether these birds where an exceptable substitute for your
regular run of the mill chicken. I still maintain that these would , in fact
be, a wonderful substitute and add a bit of elegance to the feast as well as
being far more flavorful than regular chicken.

Ras .