SC - It's still chicken

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Jan 5 12:18:57 PST 1998

Puck asks:

Ras, I'm trying to get into growing my own yeast cultures and canning, and
I have many questions about pressure cookers and sterilization.  As you are
(from your posts) very familiar with these procedures, could I have your
e-address so I can bug the Puck out of you off list with novice questions?
I promise to be good, well, at least I promise to try.

=========
Puck, I believe Ras as well as others have given some information previously
on this list that might be of interest. Take a look at these files in the
FOOD section of my Florilegium:

BNYeast-art       (14K)  4/24/97    "A Brief Note on Yeast" by Katerine Rountre.
canning-msg       (24K) 10/17/97    Use of canning in the SCA. Directions.
yeasts-msg        (31K) 11/19/97    Medieval use of yeast. Using it in the CMA.

I, for one, would love to see the questions and answers here on this list,
although perhaps if you check these files we can avoid irritating some folks
by answering previously answered questions again.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net