SC - Modern English - OT

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Jan 5 15:15:21 PST 1998

Since I get the digest for this, I'll combine all this into one for
simplicity.

First of all, Thank you, Ras, for defending me.

Second, Margali, I appologize for offending you.  I didn't mean to sound
critical, I meant to lead into the question I was asking, to let you
know why I was asking it.  I was interested in finding out how I can
conduct myself (in terms of cooking) in a more period manner than I have
been.  I don't claim to use entirely period methods, and I don't expect
everyone else to do so either.  I am simply interested in improving
myself.

I'm  aware of the fact that this listserv serves a broader purpose than
just period cooking, and I'm just as interested in the other material
here.  However, I already have a decent knowledge of modern cooking, and
I'm just beginning to look into the period stuff. So if it offends you
that I ask questions more than I offer helpful information, or that the
preface to my questions may not be perfect (after all, that's why I'm
asking them in the first place,) please let me know- I won't bother you
with them any more.

I already feel half like an idiot trying to participate in a forum
involving people who know as much as some of the people here.  If such
feeble attempts to learn things are an imposition, please let me me know
that I aught to take my questions elsewhere.

Thank you.
Marjorie