SC - Any comments?

Sabia sabia at unm.edu
Tue Jan 6 16:13:55 PST 1998

The two branches are known as P and Q celtic, or Brythonic and Goedelic.
As far as I understand, the Bretons are Cornish in origin, having
emigrated in about the 5th or 6th century AD (didn't get on with Arthur
or something :) Welsh, Cornish, and Breton are all realated more recently
than Welsh and Irish. The word welsh comes from wealh - an anglo-saxon
word for foreigner. There wre also, for a while, the 'Strathclyde welsh'
- - britons in the north west, but the anglo-saxons beat them back. See the
poem 'the gododdin'. Then of course there are the picts... (and the manx,
and...

Charles Ragnar