SC - Chicken info site url

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 23:17:11 PST 1998

OK.......in many of the lists I subscribe to inevitably some subject comes up
which describes methods or asks for methods to do things which are "illegal"
in the USA. Without exception your typical do-gooder/faux lawyer chmes in with
a message that reads.....We can't discuss/give out that info or
condone/incourage it because it is ILLEGAL....

My response to such self-proclaimed legal authorities/wannabe police- What's
your point?

It was my understanding that US law applies to a very small percentage of the
populace of the world and what is illegal in the US is not (thankfully)
illegal in other parts of the world. And, thanks to an enlightened Supreme
Court in the USA, the WORLD-WIDE web was declared the quote "largest
carcophany of free speech that the world has ever seen. And, as such is
afforded the complete protection of the Constitution".

Given the above ,  would it be at all possible to have free and open
discussions of any subject matter without the comments of part-time lawyers
and reminders of illegalities unless the country in which it is illegal is
specified?

This list is not so much a perpetrater of legaleze nonsense but I have seen
reference here to it without note to country and I am sure this and many other
lists have an international audience. It would seem apropo to conduct oneself
on the Web as an international citzen and not bring up unimportant facts like
law when that law may only apply to a small number of people trapped under the
subversive government who decreed it.

My apologize to any I have offended by this post but it is really getting on
my nerves to see USA members of lists pompously preaching their version of law
to the world as if it has even the slightest bit of importance.

Ras