SC - Regarding TEA

CorwynWdwd CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 00:08:26 PST 1998

> My paternal grandfather was Barbour County, AL, bootlegger during
prohibition,
>  my father was an ATF agent, and I have in my checkered past both made
'shine
>  and driven it.(and yes, I have tasted first run shine straight from the
tap, and 199 >proof shine made with good clean equipment and the best corn is
smoother than >just about anything and packs the wallop of a nuke)

What my Kinswoman refers to is probably only 180 actually, as without water
inhibitors added you really can't get much higher alcohol content than that.
But she is right about the smoothness. You're minding your own business
sipping from what might be springwater almost in a mason jar... and then you
try to stand... and GRAVITY WORKS!

*BUT* if she's talking about pure corn versus "sugar top" (Where sugar was
added to the mash to get more alcohol from the mash) I'd give one of a very
intimate part of my anatomy to try that.

BTW, I once sniffed out a still made for demonstration purposes at a
University of North Carolina student fair. It's apparently in the genes. (That
thing was gaurded like it was made of gold)

I didn't do it, I wasn't there, and it'll never happen again...

Corwyn