SC - different chicken types

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Jan 7 07:01:36 PST 1998

> Guinea fowl are domesticated fowl, they are not raised as fighters.
> Gamecocks and Gamehens are any one of several breeds raised to fight.
> Apart form that, you gave a good description of Guineas.
>
> Most fighting breeds have VERY colorful plumage.
>
> Mordonna

Correct, but if you read my post, they were domesticated from a
portugese colonial background, nor did i claim they were a fighting
bird, just that they were loud and ate bugs. I get the Hall Co catalogue
of various domesticated fowl, and was interested in them when i first
started keeping chickens and turkeys about 6 years ago, but we were
short on money and settled for the chickens and turkeys. Now, we have
the ability to expand our collection and we started thinking about
getting them, though we decided to get geese this spring. they also have
a chicken mutation that the feathers instead of curling in to the body
curl out so they look like feather dusters. we are also thinking of
getting a set of heirloom breed birds that were a breed extant in roman
brittain called 'dorkings' just for the period value. they also have the
cutest button quail that are tempting.
margali