SC - sca-cooks V1 #522 -Reply

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Jan 7 15:33:30 PST 1998

>Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 02:17:11 EST
>From: LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com>
>Subject: SC - Chicken info site url

><< In an effort to improve my library, without restarting the recent "books"
> thread, might I ask >>
>
>Sorry to dissapoint you with no addition to your library...:-(
>The chicken info came from the following URL:
>
>http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/poultry/chickens/
>
>More than anything you'd want to know about chickens, plus some you might want
>to know like which breeds are best for what type of cooking, etc, Enjoy! :-)
>
>Ras

   Out of curiosity, today I did a search on the web to see if I could fin
either of the catalogs I have on the web.  Strombergs is not online yet, but
Murray Mcmurray Does have a web site.  One with pictures and looks like all
the information they have in their catalogs as well!  Unforunately, there
does NOT seem to be a photo of a Cornish Game bird, but they do sell just
the hens specifically for butchering at the 2-3 pound weight to produce
those Cornish Game Hens we see in the grocery store.  Have a peek, and see
for yourself!  Very nice web site.

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/

For those who are interested in actually obtaining poultry for your own
backyard, I did find this web site that lists many mail-order resources as well.

http://www.cyborganic.net/People/feathersite/Poultry/BRKHatcheries.html

And thank you, kind Sir, for the link to the page with all the information
about poultry varieties!  Looks very interesting, and I'm anxious to got
investigate the site further.

- -Laurene