SC - Making Turkish Coffee

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Wed Jan 7 17:03:08 PST 1998

When I was younger I used to make the following drink. Take a tumbler,
and fill about 5/8 with instant coffee grounds. fill with sugar. add a
50/50 mix of vodka and hot water, stir, and pour down the throat. It
actually didn't taste terrific, but it was a very successful way to work
more than 60 hours non-stop. (Although I wouldn't have wanted to be doing
anything really critical)

On the other hand I quite often make coffee by the following method:

Grind coffee into cup/mug/bowl. Add a glob (That's a metric glob ;) of
honey, and boiling water. Stir, let sit for a minute or so. tap the side
and the surface of the coffee, and let sit again. Nearly all the grounds
will fall out of suspension. Drink (but stop at the last mouthful - it is
not like turkish coffee where there is a nice sweet rich slurry, it just
tastes like a mouthful of flavoured softened sand.

Charles Ragnar