SC - Feast Fruit - Medlar

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Sun Jan 11 20:53:27 PST 1998

<< 15 each pitted prunes and dates, cut into small pieces
 2 tablespoons raw bone marrow, crumbled* >>

If the recipe these lines come from is, in fact, a close rendition of the
Crustade Lombard recipe and if the author feels that it is a forerunner of the
mincemeat group then I would question the small amount of marrow she
indicates.

IIRC, On rereading the extant mincemeat and mincemeat-like recipes that I have
in my collection,
I am not firmly convinced that her redaction represents a viable period-like
solution to this recipe. It does sound tasty though. :-)

Ras