SC - RE: Scotch eggs

Korrin S DaArdain korrin.daardain at juno.com
Thu Jan 15 00:14:34 PST 1998

Norman cider was famous in the middle ages. I think it had two uses - it
made Normans want to go conquer the rest of the world, and it wa regarded
by said rest of the world as a good cleaning agent - No More Scrubbing!!
(It was probably a lethal anti-septic too, but I guess they never figured
that out). I wonder if it was ice-distilled - I believe that practice was
known in the North at the time.

Krupnik is a product name I think. I have seen several different sort of
bottles. But I could be mistaken here.

aquae vitae of various kinds are in SCA period. The term (common at the
time) means water of life. hmmmm.

(Is there a chirurgeonate list? Phlip?)

Charles Ragnar