SC - krupnik, calvados

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Thu Jan 15 10:11:48 PST 1998

My local group did a feast in this fashion last year. In some ways it
was like a really big potluck. The people who volunteered to cook made a
dish for 60 people and brough it to the site. The head server oversaw
the garnishing & distribution. Everybody was served and eating in about
30 minutes. We had time for lots of entertianments and we even got to
dance (an oddity in my area, feasts usually take too long and the
dancing gets cut out of the program *sniffle, sob*).

The feasto/autocrat had chosen and redacted recipes from Apicius in
adavance and given them to the volunteer-cooks. There were about 11
volunteer cooks (some had thier own teams for dishes that required lots
of assembly, like rissoles).

For everybody except the feasto/autocrat, it was the easiest feast we'd
ever done. Next time we won't let the same person be the autocrat and
the feastocrat.

I think I've still got my notes form that feast, if you want more
information, please e-mail me privatly, crystal at pdr-is.com

Alderton, Philippa forwarded: