SC - Cuskynole Codgers

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 15 09:25:34 PST 1998

Here's an interesting commentary from non-cooks (middlebridge) relating to
what people like and dislike in a feast. Comments, anyone?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Thursday, January 15, 1998 07:20:55
: From: liana_winsauer_at_con016p2 at dnrmail.state.il.us
: To: Middlebridge
: Subject: [Mid] Feasts
:
:
:      Food recommendations:
:
:      Beef Barley Barely Soup and bread:  Wonderful stuff, made about 7
:      years ago in what is now known as Mistig Waetru, although I'm not
sure
:      if the creator is still there.  It was supposed to be soup, but the
:      meat cooked down, the barley absorbed a lot of water, and it was
:      *wonderful* as a spread on the homemade bread.
:
:      Honey butter on good bread (in the Chicago area the grocery stores
:      have started carrying more fresh-baked specialty breads, if you're
not
:      up to baking your own)
:
:      Honeyed carrots:  Baby or sliced carrots glazed with butter and
honey.
:       Nummy nummy nummy, and I don't really like carrots.
:
:      At Tree-Girt-Sea's Twelfth Night a couple of years ago, they did a
:      "New World" feast that included some wonderful corn tamales.
:
:      An orange (fruit) and red onion salad at that same feast
:
:      Pasties (I've never made pasties for a feast, but I when I make them
:      at home, its always a huge batch so that some get frozen, reheated,
:      and never seem to suffer)
:
:      Flatbread:  pita, naan, and their relatives
:
:
:
:      Food that flopped, in my opinion:
:
:      A strange rice beverage that tasted ok, but had a grainy texture
:
:      Any fish that smells "fishy"
:
:      Baked stuffed onions that had not had enough of the center removed,
so
:      the inner layers of onion was still pretty crunchy.  That dish just
:      needed some refinement, and I think it would have been really good.
:
:      Garlic something-or-other with no discernable garlic flavor
:
:
: From:  liana_winsauer_at_con016p2 at dnrmail.state.il.us
: +--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+    to unsubscribe, send a message to
: `~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`~-,  ,-~`    sca-middle-request at dnaco.net with
: .  |  |     |  |     |  |     |  |          'unsubscribe' as its body.