SC - Mongol Receipes

Chabi Merkit afn05063 at afn.org
Thu Jan 15 16:34:35 PST 1998

Most of the receipes I have came from the Mongolia Society.  I also have a
few traditional receipes from some freind that are from Mongolia, but I'll
get to those.....

Sturgeon Boullion

1 kilogram Sturgeon
2.5 liters water
1 onion quartered
1 bunch parsley
1 parsnip
1 bunch celery
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper to taste

In order to make this sturgeon boullion one may use the entire fish or just
the head.

After cleaning and scaling sturgeon, cut it into peices, chopping the head
into a few peices, removing the eyes and gills.  Cover the cut sturgeon with
cold water in apot and bring to a boil.

Skim off the foan as it collects at the top.
Add the parsley, celery, and onion and bring to a boil for the second time.

Then cook over low heat for 50-60 minutes.

Take out the peices of fish and debone it.

Cook the cartilage until is becomes tender.

The fish is served on a plate, decorated with parsley springs and onion whil
the boullion is served separately in small bowls (pialy).

This receipe is from one of the more stable villages near lake Baykal.

Chabi