SC - Dog food for Ras

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Sat Jan 17 20:05:01 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/17/98 9:40:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

<< Stewed Dead  Dog on the Lawn >>

This caught my interest.  I know that there are recipes for mice and cats from
the MA Dogs were eaten by the Aztecs and by our Asian neighbors and in the
great African empires that then existed but I have never came across a
reference to the eating of dogs in Europe or the Middle East.  Does anyone
have information on the use of dog flesh as food during the MA?

Ras