SC - Decline of Quinces

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 09:04:35 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/19/98 1:04:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< When is the first evidence of brandy being used in food?

 Stefan li Rous >>

I do not have the information you request above, however, I think I should
point out that throughout the Middle Ages distilling was the prerogative of
the alchemists and, secondarily the apothecaries, IIRC.  Distilled products
and the liqueurs produced from them were produced almost entirely, if not
completely, for medicinal purposes.  They were not, IIRC, used in culinary
pursuits or for leisurely drinking.

Ras