SC - Rapeye Pasties

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 09:18:56 PST 1998

SAMANTHA SMALL/CHP wrote:

> > In a message dated 98-01-17 12:25:06 EST, you write:
> >
> > <<
> >  : Is there any interest in discussing how to make this part of a
> feast
> >  : (carving and serving) more “medieval”? >>
> >
>  I agree that a beautifully researched and prepared period feast loses
>
>  something in the seconds after presentation <<rip, tear, hack...>>.
>  While this may be due to hunger caused by unfortunate delays (CF: the
>
>  aforementioned overburdened court), anything which might help to
> relieve
> this problem *and* improve our knowldge of period A&S is IMHO a Good
> Thing (TM).

Well, I for one would like to have a traditional[as reported by Caesar
and Herodotus] celtic feast where the day's champion gets to have first
hack at the whole roasted pig[or cow if we are going for irish celt], or
the later one where the whole beastie is paraded out and carved in
public with the servers taking platters to the tables in order of
prescedence... ahhh, barbaric splendor!
margali