SC - Fw: [Mid] Feasts: Serving and Carving

MdePeyriac MdePeyriac at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 12:47:11 PST 1998

> Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:23:36 EST
> From: aldyth at juno.com (Deborah J Hammons)
> Subject: Re: SC -Errol Flynn Food

> >Isaw, within the last couple of years, the 1938 "Adventures of Robin
> >Hood", complete, uncut, in a large-screen theatre. I was with a couple
> >of friends from the SCA, and we spotted, in the scene where Robin
> >busts in on the Norman feast, a large platter of cubes of blue Jello.
> When
> >Robin slams that stuffed deer down on the table, the Jello quivers
> >dangerously, which prompted one of my companions to shout, "There's
> >ALWAYS room for Jello!", and another to shout, "It's alive!"
> >
> >So much for Mystery Science Theatre 1190...
> Could we make an argument for bad colorization?  I can't believe that
> they would waste wode in aspic......
>
> Aldyth

I'm not aware of woad being used in food. More likely tournesole, I'd
say. If you're referring to that awful Turnervision stuff, I think this
is one cinematic atrocity Ted Turner is _not_ to blame for.
Unbelievable, I know, but true. Robin Hood is filmed in some kind of
primitive Technicolor process, I believe.

Adamantius
troy at asan.com