SC - Cuskynole Codgers

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Jan 19 23:27:26 PST 1998

Having a period potluck to go to (we have one every quarter in our
Shire), I went ahead and used the redaction challange I put up on list to
get people talking about cooking agian. The pudding went over very well,
with several people asking me if it was going to cooked for a feast soon.

the redaction I used was the one which came from The Plimoth Plantation
Cookbook

Cambridge Pudding
((recipe deleted))
Lady Beatrix

Yes, I did this at a cook's guild thingy a while back. It's heavenly. We
served it with warm cream, and that pool of butter in the middle is
wonderful. We steamed instead of boiling since it's quicker. I agree that it
serves way more than 8.

The original is from: A New Booke of Cookerie, J. Murrell, 1615. A very good
version can be found (redacted and not) in Early American Cooking, Recipes
from America's Historic Sites, peter pauper Press, White Plains NY 1985. It
appears in the section entitled (surprise) "Plimouth Plantation".