SC - Raw milk

kappler kappler at edgenet.net
Wed Jan 21 20:29:21 PST 1998

East Kingdom is doing an Auction to raise money for their Royalty, and I
thought some of the rest of you might be interested in the items.

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Date: Wednesday, January 21, 1998 15:09:22
: From: Bill Toscano
: To: sca-east at world.std.com
: Subject: [EK] Auction To benefit EK Royal Funds -- LONG
:
:
: -Poster: Bill Toscano <toscano at uconect.net>
:
: Greetings, all.
:
: Today marks the start of the EK-List Auction, which will benefit the
: Royal Fund and Royal Travel Fund. The auction will run for a month, but
: the final bid being accepted Thursday, Feb. 26.
:
: Some rules and details.
:
: 1. All bids must be made to me in private e-mail (phone calls,
: hand-written notes also accepted). Bids must include the item number,
: your bid and your name.
:
: 2. I will post updated bids every 3 to 5 days.
:
: 3. I will post bids on Tuesday, Feb. 24, and will accept final bids
: until Feb. 26 (11:59 p.m.
:
: 4. You may e-mail me to check a specific bid, especially later in the
: process, but I would ask you not overwhelm me.
:
: 5. If you are notified as the winner, I will require a check made out to
: the East Kingdom to be mailed to me within a week or the second-highest
: bidder will be contacted. In the note portion of your check, please
: write EK Fund or EK Travel Fund.
:
: 6. I will help coordinate delivery between the person who donated the
: item and the person who purchased it.
:
: ITEM 1: I'll donate a collar and cuffs (black silk on linen) in
: reversible blackwork.  They won't be finished, just three pieces of
: fabric the appropriate size with the embroidery.
:
: Donated by: Rosalinde De Witte
:
: ITEM 2: Did you get my post regarding services I will perform?  If not,
: it is
: attached.
:
:       Date:  01/16/1998  09:52 am  (Friday)
:       From:  Adam Rifkind
:         To:  INTERNET:toscano at uconect.net
:    Subject:  [EK] EK Travel/Royal Fund Net Auction -Reply
:
: ITEM 3: a custom
: designed (they pick the stones) beaded necklace for
: the auction if you wish it.
:
: Donated by Pagan Graeme
:
: ITEM 4: One original mumming complete with music and dance composed in
: tribute to
: the subject matter of your choice to be performed at Pennsic.  The
: subject
: matter can be as diverse as the beauty of your lady, the curve of
: Tibor's legs in tights or the strength of Ernst's liquor.  Mistress
: Catrin o'r Rhyd For will write it, direct it and arrange with you to
: have it performed at Pennsic.  References available :-)
:
: Donated by Mistress Catrin or Rhyd
:
: ITEM 5: Your choice: Some fabric  or beef jerky (details to come).
:
: Donated by Freya
:
: ITEM 6: Three hours of babysitting by Lady Theresa (Shes 14. Shes
: mine, and shes good).
:
: Donated by Lady Theresa
:
: ITEM 7: Two hours of camp work (babysitting, carrying things, etc.) by
: Nicola Angelico. (Shes 11, and shes mine, too).
:
: Donated by Nicola Angelico
:
: ITEM 8: Dinner for four at Pennsic. Prepared and served by Liam St. Liam
:
: Donated by Liam St. Liam
:
: ITEM 9: How about "naked Laurel mud-wrestling" (building a brick and mud
: oven, if
: you *must* be so technical) at Budgardr next Pennsic?  Yes, pay to get
: messy, learn how it's done (documentation thrown in for free), and carry
: a
: bit of the sacred fire back in a hollow log to your own campsite the
: next
: day!  Warning:  activity occurs early the First Week (usually Tuesday
: a.m.), and
: you must be on time so as not to miss the secrets.
:
: Donated by Thora Sharptooth
:
: ITEM 10: Two candles with the purchaser's choice of device on them,
: which I will hand paint. I ain't no Laurel, but I don't do too bad. It
: can be the same device on both candles, or a different one on each.
:
: Donated by Susana del Lago
:
: ITEM 11:  A complete outfit (cotehardie and hood) for a child under 12
: years
:
: Donated by Thorkatla
:
: ITEM 12: I will donate to the lucky high bidder a custom made slat style
: bed guaranteed to keep the owner dry and happy. (If we get as much water
: as we did a few
: Pennsics ago it will probably float.) Custom made means the owner gets
: to tell
: me the dimensions of  the mattress/futon/air mattress, that they plan to
: put
: on the bed, and I'll build to suit. Mine has been to three Pennsics and
: made
: both my lady, and my back, much happier campers. I'm more of a carpenter
: than fine artist, so the bed will be functional, stained, and finished.
: And as an added feature it will be plain and waiting for your
: decorations. It will break down into three rails of about 7 foot long,
: two headboards roughly 2 foot by 6 foot, and a roll of slats. The
: hardware to put it together will be 6-12 wooden wedges. Project
: completed by mid-summer. Delivery to be decided. But plan to either come
: to an event in the south, a
: war practice, or Pennsic. Or entice me north with bribes of cheap red
: wine.
:
:
: ITEM 13: Three empty bottles from three of the finest brewes in Barony
: Beyond the Mountain. (You and they can discuss the filling of the
: bottles. ;)
:
: Donated by Ernst van Nussbaum, Baron Tygart and Lord Myrddyn.
:
: ITEM 14: I'd like to  offer to embroider any single
: item--pouch,garment,napkins,etc.--which must be supplied by the winnng
: bidder.
: I'll cover the cost of the embroidery supplies. I mostly use counted
: thread
: and freehand stitches,but I'm willing to work in other forms as
: well(cutwork
: being the possible exception).
:
: Donated by Caitlin Sorcha O'Dochartaigh
:
: ITEM 15: Fudge (quite chocolate) can be chambord (raspberry liquer)
: fudge.  It's got to be almost two pounds maybe.  Or  could have
: truffles/coconut balls.
:
: Donated by Baroness Jolanna of Ephesus la Chocolatiere de Bergental
:
: ITEM 16: Did you get an award but not a scroll. Can you say
: backlogged? Lady Michel will break that backlog and do the scroll (or
: re-do a damaged one).
:
: Donated by Lady Michel
:
: ITEM 17:  This one is a reverse auction. Jael is seeking a custom made
: gorget and will donate 45 for a custom made gorget - i'd even pay the
: person making it $15 for material. If there are no gorget-makers out
: there, she would donate $100-- and supply cloth -- if someone will make
: her an Italian Ren gown.
:
: ITEM 18: A choice: 	I'll offer my scullery/culinary services for
: breakfast for the
: week of Pennsic (Mon. through Fri.).  I can cook, clean, fetch water,
: rouse slaggards, wash, peel, crack, scramble, mix, pour, cut, dice,
: defibrillate, etc.
:
: Donated by Lord Pyotr Yvgenovich Nikon
:
: ITEM 19: I'll offer to photograph (existing light, of course) a party at
: Pennsic.
:
: Donated by Lord Pyotr Yvgenovich Nikon
:
: ITEM 20: I'll photograph a unit in battle (as long as the Autocrat
: doesn't
: need me during the battle).
:
: Donated by Lord Pyotr Yvgenovich Nikon
:
: Thank you for your interest.
:
: Agin, private e-mails to me only, please.
:
: First word of e-mail should be AUCTION, please.
:
: Reference by item number, give me your bid and name.
:
: Thank you.
:
: Yes, I am still accepting last minute donations.
:
: Liam St. Liam
: Do I hear 25? 25, 25, 25, 25. Solid to the man with the funny hat
:
:  with the message UNSUBSCRIBE SCA-EAST