SC - Auction Item Deletion

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Thu Jan 22 16:03:07 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/22/98 5:32:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Christi.Redeker at digital.com writes:

<< I remember people discussing Ansteorra and saying that feast was
 included with the site fee.  Are there any other Kingdoms that do this?
 Here in the Outlands we make the feast separate, and usually ask for
 reservations ahead of time so we know how many to plan on.  Also, we
 usually set a limit on how many people we will feed, and that includes
 head table, so everything can be bought ahead of time and planned out to
 the last detail.

 We also need to know how much we have budgeted and how much per head we
 can spend.  I would think cooking for 250 and having 500 show up would
 be a problem to my budget and my shopping.

 How does this differ from other areas out there?

 Murkial af Maun

As I posted once before, our Shire sets a limit to the number of feasters
allowed. , we also automatically plan on a 10% over run. A feaster is not
guarenteed a place at table unless they have preregistered. The 10% is for
those who arrive at site after reading the event description well enough to
get there but not well-enough to gleen the info on PREREGISTRATION. These
folks are put on a waiting list> first come, first serve, no exceptions for
those of rank or primadonas. If  another cancels their reservation, then that
spot is added to the number of potential available spots. If all canceled
preregistrations have been filled by feast time them the preregistration fee
is returned to the canceller.

Feast budget is as falls, usually> $5.00/ person main feast. $1.25/person
lunch. .75 cents/person breakfast Sunday. Friday night snacks, coffee, tea
absorbed by shire.
So for a weekend event> Fri. thru Sunday at $12.00 for the weekend  $7.00
covers your total food costs and $5.00 the site fee. This is certainly not
unreasonable. We also have off-board and Day-board fee structures. Under 12 is
half-price and babes in arms are free.

This has always worked out well for us and feast is usually always sold out 4
to 6 weeks in advance giving us ample opportunity to try and fit in a few more
if need arises.

Ras