SC - Auction Item Deletion

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Thu Jan 22 16:52:16 PST 1998

Greetings,
I just found out from our local State Master Gardener that yes, woad is
edible. It tastes like the outer leaves of broccoli, very bitter.
However, it cannot be used to make food blue though.  The process that
makes the blue dye causes it to become toxic. Also some states classify
woad as a noxious weed (hence - illegal to grow it.)

 If anyone is ever in AnTir she also teaches a great herbal class!! (boy
it is sure handy having those masters around to pester......um, learn
from. :-)  You could probably create an entire feast just from her
garden!!

Irissa