SC - Feast and Budget planning

Thu Jan 22 20:20:49 PST 1998

Greetings all from Liam St. Liam and the EK Mailing List.

Dragonfyr (can you tell me your name at some point, my lady?), forwarded
me a post that she had sent to the list regarding the EK List
fund-raising auction.

I am glad you folks are discussing this. I think it's an interesting
topic.

Feel free to bid on any of the remaining items. [shameless plug]

I just wanted to give you the view from here.

When I first planned the auction, I felt uneasy about alcoholic
beverages (please note, I *like* alcoholic beverages a lot).

I was not going to include them, but four different offers of donations
and against my better judgement put them on. I was still a little
uneasy.

After getting Dragonfyr's forwarded  note, I mulled a little bit and
decided not to take chances. My call and my call alone.

I have since received a message from a brewer in the West that included
the following:

>>>According to the new directive from the BOD and the SCA's
>>>insurance companies, the SCA and its officers (which includes
>>>darn near everybody down to your local group's chronicler) MAY >>>NOT distribute alcohol in any form. Unfortunatly, this includes
>>>auctions.

I am comfortable with what I am doing and if by making the decision I
offended anyone, I apologize.

Please e-mail privately if you feel the need to comment or if you want
to bid. I am not on these lists.

Liam St. Liam
Canton of Dragon's Aerie
Barony Beyond the Mountain