SC - Collops of Beef

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Jan 23 06:43:19 PST 1998

i have this book in the original french (bought it at the cluny three or
four years ago).  assuming that the translation is done creditably, it is
an -excellent- book.  it has well tested recipes.  i have used several.
the illustrations are quite nice and a little different from the standard
fare that we see repeated to death.  the main sources are taillevent and
le menagier and i believe that she uses the pichon edition for the
originals of le menagier.

this is a tall, thin 'museum' book that you are likely to see in various
languages in castles and museums all over europe and the uk.

elaina