SC - chickenballs

Mordonnade Mordonnade at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 20:51:16 PST 1998

<<
 If your problem is a caffein addiction, I believe there are readily
 available "wakeup pills" that contain quantities of caffein comparable to
 that in a cup of coffee. If you were at an event where the food and drink
 provided were supposed to be in period for pre 1600 Europeans (unlikely, I
 admit, but one can dream), wouldn't bringing such pills and taking them
 unobtrusively be a better solution than setting up a source for out of
 period drinks at the event?

 David/Cariadoc
 http://www.best.com/~ddfr/

 ===================== >>

I can just see what would happen to me if I did not have the coffee and hot
tea ready for my fighters when they woke up.  If I offered them a pill
instead, I'd be fired as cook.  I agree that coffee and hot tea are not
precisely period, but neither is Kydex armour, nor shrinkproof cotton.
Perfectly medieval might be a joy to contemplate, but it is not practical in
the Current Middle Ages.  We all do the best we can with what we have to work
with, and if we do not allow the lack of what we could have done if things had
been different to ruin the fun we have we actually enjoy this game.

If I were autocratting a "period" feast, I would not serve coffee or tea.  But
here in Atenveldt, the attitude seems to be a bit looser as to what is
allowed, perhaps because we have a lot of persons who bring their own food,
and most of that is anything BUT period.

Mordonna