SC - sugar paste info

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jan 25 00:25:09 PST 1998

>Gee... Sugar paste makes great "concrete" and pillars!  Roll out some
>slabs, let them dry, fasten together and paint on it with food paste
>colors so it looks just the way the columns would have...  And you can
>break them after serving them!
>
>Alys Katharine...Never enough sugar paste in the world

Alys convinced me several years ago that this sugar paste would be a
great method for making various subtelties. I’ve bought the supplies
but never tried it despite promises to myself. Along the way, I had
a number of wonderful conversations with Alys by email and a couple
at Pennsic.

I’ve put these email conversations and some other messages in this
file in the FOOD section of my Florilegium:

sugar-paste-msg   (41K) 10/ 4/97    Making sugar paste sotelties.

Stefan li Rous