SC - where are you?

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 25 19:51:26 PST 1998

At your convenience, why don't you post the whole thing?

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

- ----------
: Greetings.
:
: The Festival of Maidens is over, and with it, my dessert feast.  Here is
: the menu, and if you are interested in anything, email me, and I can send
: it out in a couple days...
:
: Pain de Champagne
: (Thanks Bear, it worked out wonderful)
:
: Shortbread 1580's
: (Original in Lorna Sass's "To the Queen's Taste")
: This was one of the favorites, and got me the dubious honor of the queen
: asking me to offer my assistance to the feastocrat for the Tournament of
: Chivalry.  I used a redaction that Bear put together with very slight
: modifications.  This stuff is out of this world...
:
: Apple-walnut tart  1300's
: Straight from Alia Atlas' translation and redaction of _Ein Buch von guter
: Speise_.
: Also a good one, all five disappeared, even though only about 70 or so
: came instead of the expected 150.
:
: Crispy Pear and Apple French Toast Sandwiches 1300's
: Once again, Alia Atlas' translations and redactions saved the day.  They
: loved this one.
:
: Cripsy pear and apple sauce.
: Well, the filling went further than expected, so I added some lemon juice,
: and boiled it down to apple sauce consistency.  It tasted fine to me, and
: after the feast there was only an empty bowl...
:
: Almond Tart
: Lorna Sass's redaction in _To the Queen's Taste_.  Topped with the peach
: topping that was suggested here on the list.  There was one of two left
: over (planned for too many) but I am content, as it will be breakfast for
: a while.
:
: Angel Food
: Suggested on here, rosewater, ricotta and honey.  Great stuff.
:
:
: All in all, I found that a dessert revel is a pain, since you are not
: really feeding people, I found it hard to gifure out how much to make.
: Then again, I was told to expect 150, and like I said, 70 showed up.  The
: food was pretty well taken care of, since the royalty and a few other
: guests took food with them.  Also, the Barony is having a pot luck on
: Friday, so the rest will show up there.  For drinks I just did a lemon
: drink, water, and a rosewater drink.
:
: On a side note, when I was messing with making the syrup for the rosewater
: beverage, I found that if you add Karo and boil it a little longer than
: you might otherwise, it makes a terrific shatterglass candy.
:
: Off to finish doing the dishes...
: Bogdan
: