SC - Feast and Budget planning

S.Albert salbert at polarnet.com
Sun Jan 25 21:44:28 PST 1998

a few things, all stuck together.
I live in the Barony  of Three Mountains, An Tir. (Portland, OR).

I am seriously addicted to caffiene.  My sweetie hates this,
and I have thought about the no-doze route for getting my fix.
However, to my head, taking a caffiene pill three or five times
a day would feel more like I was addicted, than imbibing a
beverage - I suppose it's just an internal perception thing.  De
Nile is a river in Egypt.  I get migranes without the coffee.  The
hot liquid also helps my chest when my allergies are really bad,
but an infusion of herbs appropriate to my persona would be
just as well.

I would really like to see some keen pictures of the subtelties
y'all are making; I don't think I've seen much out here that
I can recall, though there was a nifty model representation of
the Barony about a year ago.  I have some room we could
use on a server, temporarily, if someone wanted to send me
a file or seven.  (I am an IS manager of a sattelite campus of
a Continuating Education department of a large university,
and run the stupid things).

As a question, speaking of infusions.  What research path
would I follow to find out herbs appropriate to my persona,
and how to identify and harvest them correctly?  I know
Charlemagne's gardener (?) had a list of herbs he was
supposed to grow.  (I'm 12th c. Irish). (I mean, first research
what grows in Ireland, and then what they were used for,
or go the other direction?  Seems like 2 big topics.)

===
"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to
pleasure, but from hope to hope." -- Samuel Johnson

Conchobar
Jambe de Leon, AoA, WOAW
A&S Champion of Three Mountains
Apprentice to Ollamh Lonergan Fionn O'Flaherty of Adiantium