SC - recipes (vegetarian)

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Jan 26 00:09:32 PST 1998

>James and/or Nancy Gilly wrote:
>>
>> A couple times, now, we've had a discussion of what folks on this list do in
>> their mundane lives.  What I'm curious about is where people live.  I know
>> that Adamantius is in or near NYC, and Gunthar and Stefan are somewhere in
>> Texas, but what about everyone else?
>>
>> Until last month, I was in the Barony of Marinus (Norfolk VA), Atlantia.
>> Now I'm in the Canton of Dragon's Aerie (Gales Ferry CT), which is part of
>> the Barony Beyond the Mountain, East Kingdom.
>>
>> Alasdair mac Iain

There are three or four of us in South Africa, wistfully reading about all
these events we have no chance of getting to.  Melisant, Cairistiona, Blaise
and (I think) Meriel, are in the shire of Adamastor (part of Drachenwald),
Cape Town, South Africa.  Most of us lurk most of the time.
Adamastor is just coming up for its second birthday as a Shire (well, the
second birthday of our inaugural event - our name is still with the
Heralds).  We're proud to say that we have not produced a feast that has not
been at least 80% period since we started.  (New brooms, or something.  None
of us have been in the SCA before and we innocently assumed that everyone
was authentic about food all the time.  Some of the discussions about
bean-stew or steak-and-chips feasts have been a bit of an eye-opener).

Melisant

Jessica Tiffin
melesine at ilink.nis.za  *  jessica at beattie.uct.ac.za