SC - Kuskenoles (Part MMDCLXXVI or so)

Charles McCathieNevile charlesn at sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au
Mon Jan 26 00:40:27 PST 1998

A barley recipe I have used from the British museum cookbook. I don't
know how period it really is, but it seems OK to me for peri-oid. Any
comments world?

Barley, parsnips, carrots, dates, milk, saffron, honey, ginger, nutmeg,
cinnamon. Cook it up. It comes out like porridge with flavoured bits -
sweet but very nice.

(I don't have the actual recipe in front of me, but nor have I on the
dozen or so occasions i have made it)

Charles Ragnar