SC - Puck the Serious

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:06:47 PST 1998

> Gunthar, the mushrooms seemed to be very dark, even black in the pastries
> I had. Did you use the white button mushrooms? Or some other type?
>
> Maybe the cooking darkens them?
>
> Stefan li Rous

Two reasons, actually. The gills of the mushrooms were very dark when we chopped
them so once everything was pretty finely minced the dark color was predominant.
As well as the mushrooms darkened when we froze and defrosted them.

And, yes, the mushrooms will darken when they cook but it was mainly because they
were so finely minced IMHO.

Yers,

Gunthar