SC - cc:Mail Link to SMTP Undeliverable Message

Frank Welsh fwelsh at primavera.com
Mon Jan 26 23:20:52 PST 1998

- --simple boundary

Message is undeliverable.
Reason: Unable to access cc:Mail Post office.
	Please retry later.
Original text follows:
- ---------------------

- --simple boundary

From: LrdRas <LrdRas at aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:55:00 EST
To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: Re: SC - coffe and tea at e
Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG

In a message dated 1/26/98 1:58:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< Coffee and tea,
 on the other hand, are very common 20th century drinks as well as OOP for
 almost all of us (including Cariadoc). So seeing them being served, hearing
 them talked about, makes the event more strongly a modern costume party.

 David/Cariadoc >>

Point taken. However, I am not convinced that coffee usage was uncommon in my
neck of the woods, at least so far as "nobility" was concerned. It is apparent
to me that there is conflicting evidence regarding it's usage. Regarding my
persona, whose hand extends to many lands by way of trade, I cannot concieve
that my caravans would not have brought me this  rare and costly item. I also
cannot concieve that I, being known far and wide for my magnanimous
generosity, would have been niggardly with regard to serving it to my guests.
I will concede  that I would have served it differently than is done in the
Current Middle Ages.

Bearing that in mind, I will have to make  more of an effort to serve this
wonderful "medicine" in a more authentic fashion. If anyone could be kind
enough to enlighten me in the specifics privately , I can get started on
constructing/finding the tools I need.

OTOH, when I "play" at SCA events, I am occasionally of the mind that it is
the Europeans visiting my homeland as tourists during one of the infrequent
lulls in hostilities. The visitors then become the "strangers". And as such, I
find their habits and dress amusing , if not somewhat shocking, for the most
part. This mindset is rare but it does happen especially at Crusader based
events.

Ras