SC - alcohol reimbursements

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 27 09:39:59 PST 1998

> << Maybe I should win next Crown and enforce my will, whaddya say?
>
>  Yers,
>
>  Gunthar >>
>
> Perhaps or better yet start a grievance  to the BoD.......
>
> Ras

I believe the restriction on alcohol was written into Kingdom Law.  It is
perfectly permissible to have Kingdom Law more restrictive than Corpora as
long as they do not conflict.

If you want to change Kingdom Law, petition the Crown.  This is the right of
any member of the populace.  Send a copy of the petition to the Kingdom
Seneschal (and probably one to the Chancellor, so as not to waste time).  As
this is a petition to redress a grievance, ask that they respond within 45
days.

If they choose not change the law or do not answer, then petition the BoD
for a ruling, enclosing the documentation of your attempt to petition the
Crown.

This is proper form and fully in keeping with the Laws of the Kingdom and
the Organizational Handbook.

One of my chief complaints with members of the SCA is they fail to follow
the rules and the common sense guidelines of the procedures for complaint
and appeal, exacerbating an already bad situtaion.  In this case, keeping a
proper order does not allow anyone to set aside your request on improper
procedure.

If you still don't get it, then petition each new Crown until you get the
desired results (a certainty, if you must petition yourself).

Bear