SC - Where are you?

Kimi b 2 Kimib2 at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 06:11:31 PST 1998

my $ .02 about chicken eggs, from having chickens running around my yard
for most of my life.  The size of the egg, as well as the color of the yolk
depend on many things. Bantam chickens are smaller in size than your other
run of the mill chickens, and the eggs are smaller too.  If a bantam and a
regular chicken breed the eggs get a little bigger.  Egg yolk color as far
as we could determine, has a lot to do with what you feed the chickens.
When you cooped them up and didn't let them out the color was much like
store bought eggs.  If you let them range rove and eat whatever they wanted
the color of the yolk got to be the color of the sun at sunset, a deep
orange color.  Also, depending on what they eat the shell can be hard or
soft like store bought eggs.
My parents swear that eggs sold in the store have gotten smaller, I don't
really know if that's true.  IMHO, I don't remember even our pullet
eggs(what the young hens lay) being smaller than a medium egg you buy in
the store.  I do know that the weight per dozen changes with size.

	Angeline

Lady Angeline di Aquila
Dominion of Myrkfaelinn
  mka. Angie Malone