SC - rose sekanjabin

marilyn i traber mtraber at juno.com
Fri Jan 30 09:02:07 PST 1998

Sorry about digging up this topic again.

I remember when I first joined the list there was questions about peeling
almonds, but at the time I was getting the list as a digest, and I thought
I had saved the digest that contained that information but I can't find it.

I seem to remember someone saying that you should peel the almonds before
you make the almond milk.  The instructions were to do something to them
and then rub them with a towel and the skins would peel off.  Here's what I
am going to try this weekend.

Take whole almonds drop them in a pan of boiling water for about 2 minutes,
take them out, do the towel rubbing,  then follow Cariadoc's recipe for
almond milk.

I keep wanting to look up how to blanch something in one of my cookbooks, I
have about 100 cookbooks.  Dating back from 18?? to 1997, but I just
haven't had time.

(I guess I forgot to mention, I cook by instinct--which usually works well)

Has anybody else ever tried it this way?  My reasoning behind using whole
almonds instead of slivered ones is that they would be easier to peel and
since you are grinding them up it should come out the same in the end.

I apologize again for bringing this topic up again, and if anyone has
advice, criticism, or the like, please don't hestitate to let me know,
either privately or to the list.

	Angeline

Lady Angeline di Aquila
Dominion of Myrkfaelinn