SC - Re: almond milk

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 30 16:19:57 PST 1998

In a message dated 1/30/98 11:32:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, alm4 at cornell.edu
writes:

<< Has anybody else ever tried it this way?  My reasoning behind using whole
 almonds instead of slivered ones is that they would be easier to peel and
 since you are grinding them up it should come out the same in the end.

Using the towel method works for me. You may have to rinse them a time or two
as well as the towel. Some nut can be blanched and they will pop out of their
skins with a little pressure but I haven't tried thatwith almonds. By all
menas use whole almonds, they are usually less expensive.

My .02.

Ras