SC - currant sekanjabin (was rose sekanjabin/wa)

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sat Jan 31 01:24:03 PST 1998

At 11:37 AM -0800 1/30/98, Marisa Herzog wrote:

>Okay, I just realized that I need a smidge of clarification.  In saying
>thatcoffee and tea are out of period, we are refering to TEA LEAVES,
>specifically,correct?  Tea the plant yes?  What about tissanes and infusions
>of herbs andspices- what people now-a-days refer to as "herbal tea"?  Would
>these be okay? Only medicinal?  Not "upper-class"?

"Tea" in this discussion means an infusion based on tea leaves. That is its
original meaning, with the extension to other infusions derivative from
that.

Off hand I cannot think of any European infusion recipes, which certainly
does not mean they do not exist. There are lots of Islamic recipes for
drinks that are essentially infusions in syrup, to be diluted.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/