SC - Breads

Lisa Moran mairi at sicorp.ssnet.com
Sat Jan 31 07:18:43 PST 1998

As I understand it, the wording of the resolution in question is that SCA
funds shall not be used to purchase alcohol EXCEPT for use in cooking.  Now,
it is still considered cooking even if the dish never feels heat.  So I see no
reason why alcohol could not be purchased using SCA funds for an unheated
dish.  If you are really concerned about it, I suppose you could use your own
money to buy the alcohol needed for that dish.  Nowhere have I heard of any
resolution or ruling stating that dishes containing alcohol can't be served.
I would, of course, make sure that everyone likely to eat it knew that it had
alcohol in it, and probably not serve it to minors, but that is my own
decision.

Brangwayna Morgan