SC - Re: Wine Bottles (was Wine)

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Sun Jan 4 19:02:30 PST 1998

At 06:56 PM 1/4/98 PST, Alderton, Philippa wrote:
>Actually, I know about corks, they come from the bark of a "cork" tree,
>found on the Iberian Penninsula. I am mostly interested in the
>availability/ usefulness of bottles as disposables and recycleables  in
>period, although I thank you for the info on stoneware and tarred rags. If
>you can find me either detailed info or a place or two to start looking,
>I'll be most grateful.

Blown glass bottles were available from well before our period, and glass
is the ultimate recyclable substance.  If you would like to pursue this
more completely, email me directly what you need to know; glass (not
cooking<g>) is my area of primary interest, and i have LOTS of materials to
hand.

- --Caitlin Cheannlaidir
  caitlin at phosphor-ink.com